More than just an education
Beyond the classroom, we provide opportunities to nurture existing talents, as well as the chance to try new things – enabling our children and young people to develop a range of skills.
Our programme of student enrichment runs throughout the academic year and across the partnership. It includes initiatives that aim to engage disadvantaged students as well as the gifted and able, such as:
- Diverse Academies Personal Improvement Plan – captures a personal account of a student’s journey through their time with us. It details their experiences, skills developments, achievements and challenges, enabling our students to become reflective learners, team players and leaders.
- Student Engagement Committee – our students take on leadership roles within the partnership. As committee members they attend meetings, debate local and national issues, support group-wide projects and help to raise thousands of pounds for our annually nominated charity.
- Arts Mark – we are aiming to be the first multi-academy trust to achieve Arts Mark accreditation in all our academies, as we strive for excellence in the arts. We run annual partnership-wide events including ‘Arts Beat’ and the ‘Creative Arts Festival’.
- Healthy Lives Project – our students work together to address issues relating to nutrition, mental health, exercise, sleep hygiene and stress management.
Locally-led initiatives deepen our commitment to enrichment
Within each of our academies, there are many and varied additional enrichment initiatives which are tailored to suit the student community. These include:
- The attainment of quality marks – demonstrating how we embed an ethos of student enrichment, such as Investors in Pupils, School Games Mark, Unicef Rights Respecting, Healthy Schools and Eco Awards to name a few.
- An inclusive sporting culture – our students have access to a comprehensive range of team and individual disciplines. Our partnership-wide Diverse Academies Games bring a competitive culmination to the academic year, with hundreds of students gathering for this annual event.
- An extensive programme of clubs, drama and music productions, trips and visits – in all our academies, classroom learning is underpinned through a range of activities which help our students to further develop and understand subject knowledge, and critically enable them to gain skills for life.
- Charity and community engagement – our students generously give their time and energy to support their local communities, enabling them to become confident and well-rounded members of society.